- This event has passed.
Week of Compassion Offering Helps to Invest in Futures
February 16 @ 11:00 am - February 23 @ 1:00 pm
Each year in February, congregations across the United States and Canada collect a special offering for Week of Compassion (WoC). Week of Compassion is more than a week. It is a ministry of the whole Church, reaching those in need “around the world, around the year.” Any time we respond to a need in the world, we bear witness to the unity of our table, faithfully sharing the gifts that we have as an expression of Christ’s love. In working together with partners, we represent the Disciples of Christ commitment to unity, making our resources reach farther and growing our impact on a global scale.
Week of Compassion works through a remarkable network of church partner organizations and partnerships that insures that our response to humanitarian needs in the world is efficient, effective and faithful. Through these partnerships, Disciples are able to join a tapestry of caring that brings help and hope to hurting people in every corner of the world.
WoC currently responds to some kind of disaster or emergency somewhere in the world on average of approximately once every one and a half days. Recent major disasters receive much of our attention and resources. At the same time, we continue to respond to other grave humanitarian tragedies. The areas in which your gift helps Week Of Compassion to respond are:
- Australia and Puerto Rico: How Disciples Can Help
- The Global Food Crisis is impacting more and more countries and reversing the modest gains that had been made in recent years against hunger, and has now become one of our most pressing priorities.
- Domestic Disaster Response & Preparedness
- International Disaster Response
- Sustainable Development
- Refugee & Displaced People
Your gifts to the Compassion Response Fund and to ‘Where Most Needed’ enable us to respond immediately to disasters and emergencies – ‘big’ or ‘small’ – as they arise. Designated donations enable us to continue supporting the work of our church partners who continue to respond under some of the most difficult and dangerous circumstances imaginable.
To give online, click the following link: http://www.shepherdparkchristianchurch.org/online-giving/
- Use the Comments section to stipulate which church fund you want your donation to go.
- Received in many congregations on the last two Sundays of February
- Or, you can donate directly at the link below.