Currently, Shepherd Park Christian Church is planning to fully implement the reopening of our church in two phases, following the guidelines issued by the Christian Church Disciples of Christ (DOC) and the DC Government.
The tentative dates for implementation of in person worship services are June 6, June 20, and July 18 2021. During the month of August, we will worship virtually until Rev Terri is back from sabbatical.
We plan to fully worship in person starting September 5, 2021. Below is a list of Phase 2 guidelines the SPCC COVID-19 Committee has developed that all members of SPCC must follow.
- A maximum of seventy-five (75) persons, 49 plus liturgical staff. SPCC will follow CDC guidelines when it comes to other events being held in the church.
- All persons entering the church MUST fully understand and comply with posted guidelines.
- All persons entering the church MUST NOT show symptoms caused by the COVID-19 virus
Persons who are sick or who have had close contact with any person or persons with COVID-19 MUST NOT enter the church
- Temperatures WILL BE checked for any persons entering the church as well as confirming they are NOT asymptomatic; have NOT encountered anyone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- All persons entering the church MUST always wear a face mask covering with the exception of children under the age of 2 years.
- SPCC will maintain hand sanitizing stations throughout the Narthex.
- All persons entering the church MUST adhere to social distancing guidelines. Alternating pews will be closed off to facilitate social distancing practices.
– Ensures adherence to occupancy limits
– Provides Check-In Roster
– COVID 19 Pre-Registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/
– Allows completion of screening form prior to arrival therefore reduces risk of exposure and discovery at check-in.
– Reduces wait time at check-in.
– Sign up:
Additional Safety Precautions
- All persons entering the church MUST refrain from greeting one another by hugging, kissing, or shaking hands.
- All SPCC provided Bibles and hymnals will be removed from the pews. All
persons attending services are encouraged to bring their own. SPCC will utilize
visual aid equipment (i.e., screen and projector) to help facilitate scriptural
- SPCC will encourage persons to submit tithes and offerings online through the
church’s website. Collections plates WILL NOT BE PASSED during the services.
However, there will be a designated place to deposit your tithes and offerings
during service. This location will be announced during the service.
- The SPCC CHOIR WILL gather to sing music selections during services. All music will be pre-recorded or sung live by either the music Director, three vocalists and a drummer practicing social distancing.
- Communion plates WILL NOT be passed during services. A GREETER will be
stationed at the entrance to the Narthex to hand out the prepackaged
communion elements. The greeter MUST wear gloves.
- Both the sanctuary and the restrooms WILL BE sanitized prior to and after each
service. The upper and lower levels of the church will be closed to minimize
- Sanitization for the next Sunday service WILL BE done between Thursday and
- No children should be permitted to wander outside of the church’s main
sanctuary or restroom without adult supervision.
- The administrative office WILL BE limited to authorized staff only on specific
- All persons will be discouraged from gathering in groups outside on the church
property. Any persons lingering outside the church MUST maintain social
- Upon completion of the services, all persons WILL BE instructed to immediately
exit the premises and to NOT congregate, dawdle, or participate in group
conversations inside the building. There will be no coffee fellowship or gathering taking place before or after church service.
- Any person failing to comply with any of the above set guidelines WILL be asked to leave the church premises.
We will also continue to gather in worship virtually until it is safe for all to gather
physically together. Therefore, by maintaining these guidelines and practices, the criteria for moving to Phase 2, will depend on the following:
- NO COVID-19 INCIDENTS REPORTED FROM THE CHURCH
- ADHERENCE TO CURRENT GUIDELINES
- CONSISTENT SERVICE FOR SANITIZATION
- ALL STAFF AND MEMBERS OF OUR CHURCH ARE FULLY VACCINATED