The guidelines listed are issued by the Christian Church Disciples of Christ (DOC) and are in line with the current COVID-19 updates from the D.C. Government.
Below is a list of guidance the Committee has developed that all members, guests, and visitors of Shepherd Park Christian Church (SPCC) must follow as of April 10, 2022.
- Outside usage of the church will follow D.C. Guidelines as well as CDC Guidelines as of April 20, 2022.
- The task force will continue to monitor changes with the guidelines to ensure both safety and meet organizational needs.
- SPCC will follow the current D.C. best practices for social distancing indoors dated April 20, 2022.
- Vaccination does not eliminate contracting or spreading COVID-19; therefore, we advise that all persons entering the premises will be required to wear a mask. Vocalists, worship leaders, and the minister have the flexibility to remove masks for speaking/ singing but will also wear masks throughout the service as
appropriate. Children 2 years old and under are not required to wear a mask.
- Employees and/or hired contractors performing maintenance work, cleaning, inspections, or repairs should follow the sign-in protocols and wear masks at all times.
- All persons entering the church MUST NOT show symptoms caused by the COVID-19 virus or have tested positive for the COVID-19 virus within the last 7 days.
- All persons entering the premises must either pre-register or complete the onsite registration form located at the entrance of the church.
- SPCC will maintain hand sanitizing stations throughout the Narthex (area outside the sanctuary).
- SPCC will follow D.C. best practices for social distancing dated April 20, 2022.
- SPCC will encourage persons to submit tithes and offerings online through the church’s website. Collections plates WILL NOT BE PASSED during the services. However, there will be a designated place to deposit your tithes and offerings during service. This location will be announced during the service.
- The SPCC CHOIR WILL gather to sing musical selections during services and rehearsals.
- Communion plates WILL NOT be passed during services. A GREETER will be stationed at the entrance to the Narthex (area outside the sanctuary) to hand out the prepackaged communion elements. The greeter MUST wear gloves or properly sanitize or wash hands prior to distributing communion elements.
- Both the sanctuary and the restrooms WILL BE sanitized between Thursday and Saturday. The upper and lower levels of the church will be open only for special occasions.
- No children should be permitted to wander outside of the church’s main sanctuary or restroom without adult supervision.
- The administrative office WILL BE limited to authorized staff only on specific days.
- Upon completion of the services, in terms of coffee hour inside the building. It is recommended to resume coffee hour fellowship but is a to-go fashion verses seated in the fellowship hall.
- Any person failing to comply with any of the above set guidelines may be asked to leave the church premises.
- Check-in supports safety protocols for the most vulnerable and allows contact tracing, if needed.
- Provides Check-In Roster
- COVID 19 Pre-Registration: https://form.jotform.com/211545790509156
- COVID-19 Screening
- Allows completion of screening form prior to arrival.
- Reduces risk of exposure and discovery at check-in, and
- Reduces wait time for building entry.