Shepherd Park Christian Church (SPCC), The Church with the Heart of the Shepherd, is celebrating it’s 121st Year! and our 73rd Anniversary in the Shepherd Park community.
In November 1899, congregants opened services at the Park View Christian Church on 16th Street in the District of Columbia. The congregation increased and, in the 1940’s it located a site in Shepherd Park for a new church. The cornerstone was laid in 1947 and, 72 years later, “The Church with the Heart of the Shepherd” has become a fixture on Eastern Avenue.
Check out our history!