God’s Plan for Salvation- Can I Be Saved? How?
Rescued from Separation from God
- “Can I be rescued (saved)?”
- God sent His Son to be your Savior (John 3:16; 1 John 4:10)
- Forgiveness of sins and salvation can be yours today. (1 Peter 3:18; Matthew 7:7-8)
- “How can I be rescued (saved)?”, or “How can I get into Heaven?”
- Know that God loves you. John 3:16- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.“
- Know that you are separated from God because of sin.
Ephesians 2:8,9- “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith— and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.” We can’t save ourselves. There is only one way that brings us back to God.
- Know that Jesus Christ died for your sins. Jesus Christ, God’s Son, led a sinless life, yet chose to be punished in our place. The Bible’s perspective would be that Jesus is the ONLY WAY.
John 14:6- “I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but through Me”
Jesus, through his sacrificial death on the cross, paid the ultimate penalty we owed for our rebellion/ disobedience/ alienation and bridged the gap between God and people. God raised him to life again to prove that death was defeated. (1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Romans 6:9)
Romans 6:23b- “… but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus.”
KEY POINT: JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO COME TO GOD. NOTHING ELSE WORKS (Acts 4:12).
- You must receive Christ. God offers to forgive our sins and grants salvation (or, invites us to spend eternity in Heaven with Him) to all those who place their faith in Jesus— trusting His death as the payment for our sins. (Acts 10:43; John 5:24)
John 1:12- “As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God…”
Revelation 3:20 “Behold I [Jesus] stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him…”
But it is your decision- no one can make it for you. You must turn from your will, your ways, and completely trust Jesus to save you.