God’s Plan for Salvation- Why Do I Need it?
Rescued from Separation from God
“Why do I need it?”
God is holy. No sin will ever enter His presence. Man’s very nature is sinful. The Bible indicates in:
- Romans 3:23- “…for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
Sin isn’t just not keeping the Ten Commandments or doing wrong, but it literally means “missing the mark” of divine perfection. The mark is the standard of a holy and perfect God. Sin is our self-willed rebellion against, or rejection of, God. Because God is holy, when we sin, knowingly or unknowingly, we are hopelessly separated from God (Isaiah 59:2).
- Romans 6:23a- “For the wages [what you earned, or penalty] of sin is death, …” This death refers to spiritual separation from God because of the sin.
- Isaiah 64:6- “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy rags…”
Titus 3:5- “He saved us not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy.” No matter how hard you try, you could never be good enough to bridge the gap between you and God. You cannot get rid of your sin on your own.
KEY POINT: THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO TO MAKE OURSELVES RIGHT BEFORE GOD.
- Romans 5:8- “God demonstrates his love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” God gives us a way out! Jesus Christ died in our place.
- I Peter 3:18- “For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God” The death that we deserved because of our sin, he took on himself.
- John 3:18- “…he that does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” If you reject Jesus Christ, or his Good News (the Gospel), then you are still lost.